March 2012 has been an amazing, crazy busy month:
- City Council hired Mr. David Trawin as the new CAO for the City of Kamloops. Very exciting and tough decision. Heartfelt congratulations David!
- Council also piloted a new format for public meetings on the community budget. The number of attendees skyrocketed and I think much better discussions were had.
- Council also met with the Kamloops Indian Band Council to discuss community issues and opportunities.
- I attended two days of the Building Sustainable Communities conference in Kelowna. Very well done session there on community engagement there, led by Vince Verlaan. In 90 minutes, we got a chance to learn and work together in a great number of different ways.
- I have joined the awesome Run Club, training for Boogie the Bridge, and writing a weekly column about my experiences in the Kamloops Daily News.
In the next weeks, Council will work to finish the 2012 budget. Among, I am sure, many other things.