Respectfully submitted to the citizens of Kamloops, Oct 15th 2014.
Arjun Singh for City Council
Kamloops Civic Elections, Nov 15th 2014
Responsible, Accountable Governance
- working constructively with my council colleagues and with city hall staff
- taking a balanced approach: bringing together economic, social, environmental, and cultural considerations
- thoroughly researching issues, consulting the public before making decisions, and explaining the reasoning behind decisions.
- committing to take a position on the Ajax mine proposal after the enviro assessment application is submitted and I have had time to review.
A Resilient, Vibrant Business Climate
- advocating for green, creative and technology based industries, business practices, and jobs
- continuing to carefully review city spending to keep taxes and fees affordable
- advocating for continued improvement to downtown parking kiosks.
A Healthy, Socially Responsible Community
- supporting initiatives to end homelessness and to support people with mental health problems / addictions
- encouraging strong and sustainable neighbourhood associations
- exploring a recreation centre for active ageing seniors (eg. pickle ball players)
- helping facilitate the recruitment of more doctors to the community.
A Healthy, Green Community - Towards A Zero Carbon Kamloops
- committing to hosting Idea Festival 2015 on climate action
- advocating for the promotion and enhancement of Kamloops’ outdoor recreation opportunities.
- advocating a comprehensive study of downtown transportation patterns
- advocating for an acceleration of our stormwater improvement program.
Experience, Education, and Community Involvement
- Kamloops City Councillor, 2005-2008, 2011-
- Director, Union of BC Municipalities (served on Environment and Convention committees)
- Council rep on Arts Commission, Downtown Parking Solutions Group, Kamplan Committee, Tourism Kamloops Board (alternate)
- Property Manager, Sabar Investments (Member, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce)
- MA, Professional Communication
- Certificate in Dialogue, Deliberation, and Public Engagement
- President Elect, Kamloops Rotary Club
- Past Chair, Ending Youth@Risk Fundraising Team, Interior Community Services
- Member, Kamloops Art Gallery