1) Did you support the Lorne Street parkade proposal?
Parking is definitely an issue we need to address downtown. Having said that, I did not support the Lorne Street location because I feel we needed more community buy in for a parkade location. I like the idea of the proposed parkade task force because it is could be a great opportunity to secure greater community support for parking solutions downtown.
2) The city's overall debt sits at $93 million, with principle repayment this year being $5.7 million. Is the city's debt too high?
I feel the city’s overall community current debt is manageable. However, I feel that the new council should facilitate a more thorough review of city spending to see if we can bring costs (including debt servicing costs) down. I also support the creation of a municipal auditor general
3) Do you favour or oppose the proposed Ajax mine south of Aberdeen?
While the review processes continue, I am undecided. I strongly support the most comprehensive and trustworthy assessments of both the costs and benefits of this proposal. I support Council’s request for a federal independent review panel.
4) What is the one issue you wished to raise with your candidacy?
I am passionate about effective public engagement and about increasing voter turnout. I want to help make trustworthy and easy to understand civic information more accessible. I write the longest running blog on Kamloops issues – at www.yourkamloops.com
5) Which mayoral candidate do you support?
I will be voting the same way you do – by secret ballot! I am prepared to work with whoever is elected mayor for the benefit of Kamloops